2018-2019 Patriot Box League
Location: Inline Morristown @ 30 Pine Street, Morristown NJ 07960
(Additional parking in public lot behind Inline. Access this lot off Dumont Place)
NO CLEATS- Sneakers only
Are You a Member of a Team?
Are You an Individual Looking for a Team?
Interested in Entering a Full Team?
December - 1 & 2, 8 & 9, 15 & 16 (Off 22 & 23, 29 & 30)
January - 5 & 6, 12 & 13, 19 & 20, 26 & 27
February - 2 & 3, 9 & 10
PBL Divisions - Grades
- A team must have a minimum of 15 field players plus a goalie = 16 total minimum.
- Player Fee= $220.00, Goalie Fee = $110
- If a team wishes to have less than 16 players, they can pay a team fee of $3,400 with our authorization. (Every player must register individually. Full Teams must provide their own goalie)
- Coaching-Parent may coach the team (must sign a waiver and adhere to Patriot policy)
- Patriot staff will be available to assist coaches and players.
- Parent coach is responsible for outfitting goalies prior to games (staff will assist)
- Goalie equipment provided by Patriot.
Format on Game day
- Teams will take the field “on the hour”.
- Youth- 15 minute warm up/instruction - followed by two 20 minute halves.
- HS- 5 minute warm up followed by two 26 minute halves.
WHY BOX LACROSSE?
On The Importance of Box...
"If I was US Lacrosse, I wouldn’t let any kids play field until they were 10 or 12." - Bill Tierney, Head Coach, University of Denver.
"When you watch Canadian kids score, when you see their skill level around the cage, you wonder to yourself, ’jeez, are we teaching kids [in the US] the wrong things?" - Dom Starsia, Head Coach, University of Virginia.
"It’s not the fairy dust principle - that all you have to do is add some glass and boards and play for 8 weeks in the winter...it takes real teaching, and a commitment to learn the indoor principles and the biomechanics." - Johnny Mouradian, Head Coach & GM, Philadelphia Wings, National Lacrosse League.